LINUX.ORG.RU

Go web frameworks (Revel vs. Beego vs. Martini): on which one to settle

, ,

Good day! Trying to make a decision on which one to use for the development of a relatively large web app.

Available options include: Revel vs. Beego vs. Martini.

Revel

• Initial Founder(s): Rob Figueiredo
  • 872 commits, 5 branches, 72 contributors
  • Features: MVC, modular, hot code reload, auto testing, Routing, Reverse routing, Session, Cache (RAM/redis/memcached)
  • Docs: manual, tutorial, samples; friendly community answering your questions on GH issues, Google groups

Beego

• Initial Founder(s): astaxie
  • 936 commits, 3 branches, 56 contributors
  • Features: MVC, modular, hot code reload, auto testing, Routing, Session, Cache, ORM
  • Docs: (looks like) high quality docs on their web-site

Martini

• Initial Founder(s): Jeremy Saenz
  • 350 commits, 2 branches, 44 contributors
  • Features: modular, Routing, some third party middlewares available
  • Docs: (looks like) all in one README.md

BTW, according to the benchmarks Revel showed a better result than Beego. And what is more interesting is the fact in most cases (especially on EC2) Revel was faster than plain golang app.

I've been using Revel for a long time and actually satisfied with it. However, there are so much buzz around that Revel is not following Golang way blah-blah-blah. So what advantages would I get in case of, say, the use of Martini or Beego?

Последнее исправление: CYB3R (всего исправлений: 2)

хлопче, ти, мабуть, форумом помилився.

kelyar ★★★★★
()
Ответ на: комментарий от vertexua

Вроде же те трое студентов только Revel и юзают, не?

Поправил во имя.

p.s. как тебе, как джависту, раст? (кроме очевидного «сыро, но годно»).

anonymous
()
Ответ на: комментарий от anonymous

Rust мне понравился во всех смыслах - сыро, но годно. Честно говоря чтобы писать прямо сейчас - не готово даже не в силу изменений языка, а просто из-за того что даже банальных регексов нету.

Ну и еще мне не нравится что они начали заниматься активным выпиливанем фич, гномеры нашлись тут. Я уже не могу уследить, выпилили ли они гринлеты завязаные с IO

vertexua ★★★★★
()
Последнее исправление: vertexua (всего исправлений: 1)
10 августа 2014 г.

Sorry to inform you, but as of Round 9 at techempower.com, Beego (28.1%) is slightly faster than Revel (26.9%) and almost as fast as plain Go (33%).

The advantage of Beego, it appears to me, is more rapid evolution, i.e., more development activity. I expect Beego to reach «maturity» sooner than Revel.

anonymous
()
30 сентября 2014 г.

I reject the idea that Go is such a different and special language that it cannot, or should not, be used to write web applications the same way it's done in Java, Python, Ruby, C++, etc. Full-stack web development is not constrained by language choice. And it offers major benefits, such as ease of entry, immediate and rapid high productivity, and a standard and reliable platform on which to distribute web apps. I've seen this in Django, web2py, and Seaside. My brother has seen this in Wicket.

The mix-and-match, minimalist philosophy goes against my deep conviction that web developers should not be distracted by the minutiae of tool configuration and setup (all in the name of «flexibility»); they should focus their attention almost entirely on writing their application, as quickly as possible, as easily as possible, and as economically as possible.

In fact, I am such a big believer in using a full-stack framework that I've written an advanced tutorial to help jumpstart Beego for people new to Go and web development. Let's not discourage people from using full stack.

anonymous
()
Вы не можете добавлять комментарии в эту тему. Тема перемещена в архив.