LINUX.ORG.RU

История изменений

Исправление zinfandel, (текущая версия) :

Недавно тут поднималась тема связи между Сталлманом, его RSI и Емаксом. Спроси в каком состоянии сейчас его руки, как часто он может печатать и как борется. Ну и заодно спроси, то что обсуждалось в том топике, не считает ли он что использование емакса без перестановки модификаторов на более удачные места способствует развитию RSI. Также интересно какой раскладкой клавиатуры он пользуется.

Спасибо.

Fast forward twenty years and I was working 12-16 hours a day hacking on the GNU C++ compiler with more than 100,000 lines of code to my name, and loving every minute of it. One weekend I visited Richard Stallman at MIT and I was shocked to learn that he could no longer type. He was given strict instructions by his doctor to not touch a computer keyboard for 6-12 months, and that if he did, he may lose forever his ability to type. He was a programming pioneer, and at the time, his symptoms were not well known or understood. We all came to understand that it was RSI—repetitive stress injury, exacerbated by the very keystroke combinations that made the Emacs editor such a powerful programming environment. But the root cause was not Emacs—it was the punative design of the QWERTY keyboard, a legacy of the industrial era when complex keyboard mechanisms were not able to keep up with the speed of human fingers.

http://ergoemacs.org/emacs/emacs_hand_pain_celebrity.html

Исходная версия zinfandel, :

Недавно тут поднималась тема связи между Сталлманом, его RSI и Емаксом. Спроси в каком состоянии сейчас его руки, как часто он может печатать и как борется. Ну и заодно спроси, то что обсуждалось в том топике, не считает ли он что использование емакса без перестановки модификаторов на более удачные места способствует развитию RSI.

Спасибо.

Fast forward twenty years and I was working 12-16 hours a day hacking on the GNU C++ compiler with more than 100,000 lines of code to my name, and loving every minute of it. One weekend I visited Richard Stallman at MIT and I was shocked to learn that he could no longer type. He was given strict instructions by his doctor to not touch a computer keyboard for 6-12 months, and that if he did, he may lose forever his ability to type. He was a programming pioneer, and at the time, his symptoms were not well known or understood. We all came to understand that it was RSI—repetitive stress injury, exacerbated by the very keystroke combinations that made the Emacs editor such a powerful programming environment. But the root cause was not Emacs—it was the punative design of the QWERTY keyboard, a legacy of the industrial era when complex keyboard mechanisms were not able to keep up with the speed of human fingers.

http://ergoemacs.org/emacs/emacs_hand_pain_celebrity.html