LINUX.ORG.RU

Зашифрованные TrueCrypt данные не монтируются

У нас в конторе на фаил сервере была организована система шифрования TrueCrypt, после аппаратного сбоя контейнер не монтируется :-) вводят корректный пароль а оно говорит что пароль не верный....

Кто нибудь сталкивался с подобным??? лечится это или нет?

Оно? http://www.truecrypt.org/faq.php

Q: Can I unplug or turn off a hot-plug device (for example, a USB flash drive or USB hard drive) when there is a mounted TrueCrypt volume on it?

A: Before you unplug or turn off the device, you should always dismount the TrueCrypt volume in TrueCrypt first, and then perform the 'Eject' operation if available (right-click the device in the 'Computer' or 'My Computer' list), or use the 'Safely Remove Hardware' function (built in Windows, accessible via the taskbar notification area). *Otherwise, data loss may occur*.

Q: What will happen when a part of a TrueCrypt volume becomes corrupted?

A: In encrypted data, one corrupted bit usually corrupts the whole ciphertext block in which it occurred. The ciphertext block size used by TrueCrypt is 16 bytes (i.e., 128 bits). The mode of operation used by TrueCrypt ensures that if data corruption occurs within a block, the remaining blocks are not affected.

Due to hardware or software errors/malfunctions, files stored on a TrueCrypt volume may become corrupted. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you backup all your important files regularly (this, of course, applies to any important data, not just to encrypted data stored on TrueCrypt volumes). If you do not have enough free space to backup all files, we highly recommend that you at least backup the volume header, which contains the master key (size of the backup file will be 1024 bytes). If a volume header is damaged, the volume is, in most cases, impossible to mount. To backup a volume header, click Select Device or Select File and select the volume. Then click Tools -> Backup Volume Header. To restore the header, follow the same steps except the last where you select Restore Volume Header.

See also the question 'What do I do when the encrypted filesystem on my TrueCrypt volume is corrupted?'

В общем (IMHO) если повреждён сам контейнер, то сушите вёсла.

Lumi ★★★★★
()
Ответ на: комментарий от Lumi

>В общем (IMHO) если повреждён сам контейнер, то сушите вёсла.

Ну вот и я уже начинаю к такой мысли склоняться :-(((((((((((((

branicki
() автор топика
Ответ на: комментарий от branicki

If a volume header is damaged, the volume is, in most cases, impossible to mount. To backup a volume header, click Select Device or Select File and select the volume. Then click Tools -> Backup Volume Header. To restore the header, follow the same steps except the last where you select Restore Volume Header.

Если бэкапили заголовок криптоконтейнера, то его можно восстановить, примонтировать контейнер, а потом смотреть следующий пункт в faq.

Lumi ★★★★★
()
Вы не можете добавлять комментарии в эту тему. Тема перемещена в архив.